The Pointe Bahamas is committed to protecting your privacy and we strive to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
Information We Collect
Personal Information. “Personal Information” is any information that you voluntarily submit to us, identifies you personally, and allows us to contact you. Personal Information can include, but is not limited to, contact information such as name, email address, company name, address, phone number and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Site, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Information also includes Navigational Information and log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. Navigational information and log files refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. This information helps The Pointe Bahamas analyze and understand how the site works for users.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, The Pointe Bahamas collects Mobile Location.
Information About Children. The Site is not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at sales @ pointebahamas.com.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on The Pointe Bahamas's blog, The Pointe Bahamas may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
How We Collect Personal Information
How We Use Information We Collect
We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
The Pointe Bahamas may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help us better understand you, to help us customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help us otherwise enhance the Site.
The Pointe Bahamas uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ The Pointe Bahamas experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support, and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about The Pointe Bahamas partners or third parties; and
When and Why The Pointe Bahamas Discloses Personal Information
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance) in furtherance of the purposes described in “How We Use Information We Collect” above.
- The Pointe Bahamas employs other companies to perform tasks on The Pointe Bahamas's behalf and therefore The Pointe Bahamas must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. The Pointe Bahamas may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing The Pointe Bahamas's rights or protect The Pointe Bahamas property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- The Pointe Bahamas believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- The Pointe Bahamas believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- The Pointe Bahamas believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- The Pointe Bahamas believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend The Pointe Bahamas in litigation or a regulatory action.
- The Pointe Bahamas believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
The Pointe Bahamas will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless The Pointe Bahamas is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of The Pointe Bahamas's assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
The Pointe Bahamas may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, The Pointe Bahamas may provide our partners, (such as HubSpot), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about The Pointe Bahamas users.
Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, The Pointe Bahamas considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why we gather such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Tracking Technologies - Indirect Data Collection
Choice and Control
While The Pointe Bahamas does need to gather certain information to make your The Pointe Bahamas experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, we want to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, The Pointe Bahamas may contact you about our services or your activity.
If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing our Site by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
Security of Personal Information
The Pointe Bahamas strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore The Pointe Bahamas cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. We strive to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and we have put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
EU Data Subject Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information The Pointe Bahamas holds about you and to check that The Pointe Bahamas is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables The Pointe Bahamas to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask The Pointe Bahamas to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for The Pointe Bahamas continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that The Pointe Bahamas may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where The Pointe Bahamas is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where The Pointe Bahamas is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, The Pointe Bahamas may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask The Pointe Bahamas to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want The Pointe Bahamas to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where The Pointe Bahamas's use of the data is unlawful but you do not want The Pointe Bahamas to erase it; (c) where you need The Pointe Bahamas to hold the data even if The Pointe Bahamas no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to The Pointe Bahamas's use of your data but The Pointe Bahamas needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. The Pointe Bahamas will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for The Pointe Bahamas to use or where The Pointe Bahamas used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where The Pointe Bahamas is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, The Pointe Bahamas may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. The Pointe Bahamas will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by emailing us at sales @ pointebahamas.com, or by mailing us at The Pointe Bahamas, The Pointe Park Avenue, Suite 600, 1 Bay Street, Nassau, The Bahamas.
If The Pointe Bahamas is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at sales @ pointebahamas.com.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
The Pointe Bahamas Blog
The Pointe Bahamas contains a blog and other areas where users may publicly post information, communicate with other users, and submit content they deem relevant for discussion. All the information you post will be accessible to anyone, at any time, with Internet access. Furthermore, we strongly advise you to NOT post any personal or identifiable information about yourself or contact information, including address, email, phone numbers, or other means of communicating outside of the blog. Any information you post may be read, collected, and used by others.