Nassau in the Bahamas offers many things to see and do for visitors to this exotic destination. As one would expect in such a beautiful location, boating is an extremely popular activity and Nassau is indeed a boater’s paradise.
Nassau boating excursions provide you with the opportunity to see marine wildlife, explore remote islands, and to experience the area in a whole new way. From fishing to super yachting, there’s no better place to experience the beautiful turquoise waters of the Caribbean than from Nassau.
Here are some of the best and most memorable boating options to explore on your next trip to Nassau.
Enjoy Your Own Private Island Experience: Rose Island
The breathtakingly beautiful Rose Island is a short 15-minute boat ride from Nassau. Home to a pineapple plantation long ago, Rose Island now boasts four amazing beaches to accommodate visitors.
- First Beach – Beautiful white sand with superb snorkeling. There are lots of reefs here and boaters chartering their own vessels should be keenly aware not to bury their propellers in this area of the island. It’s not called the “lower unit graveyard” for nothing!
- MacTaggart’s Beach – Located on the farthest eastern shore of the island, this beach is the most secluded of the four. Be mindful there are no amenities on this beach and you’ll need to bring all that you need for the day. Many visitors hire a boat captain to get them to this part of Rose Island.
- Footprints Beach – Catch some rays in the shallow waters or grab some food and drinks at Footprints Beach Bar and Grill. Don’t want to head back to Nassau at sunset? Stay the night in one of the new cottages.
- Sandy Toes Beach – This beach on the island has it all. Mooring for boats, water activities, beautiful sands and water, and even a luxury villa. Sandy Toes offers something for everyone.
Get Back to Nature: The Exuma Powerboat Adventure
The Exuma Powerboat Adventure tour is the ideal choice for those who want to experience nature up close and personal. Some of the activities you’ll enjoy on your trip to some of the islands at The Exumas include:
- Swimming with the friendly island pigs on Ship Channel Cay
- Snorkeling with sharks and stingrays in various locations around the Exuma island chain
- Feeding the native iguanas on the islands
- Conch salad demonstrations and tasting
Lunch and a full bar are also available on these exciting powerboat tours, which depart from hotels in Nassau on a daily basis. Be sure to book your tour at least 24 hours in advance to ensure the full-service treatment and to schedule pickup at your hotel.
Lounge on the Beach: Blue Lagoon Island
Also known as Salt Cay, Blue Lagoon Island is an ideal destination for beachcombers and sun worshipers. The clear turquoise ocean waters wash up on pristine white sand beaches. Plenty of palm trees provide shade for those who want to beat the heat.
Some of the most popular activities on Blue Lagoon Island include the dolphin and sea lion tours available from Dolphin Encounters, bird watching, paddle boarding, the nature walk, and basking in the warm sun.
Boat in Luxury: Yacht Charters
Nassau is a yacht haven with yacht clubs, deep-water marinas for your own boat, and plenty of charter options. Just a few of Nassau yacht charter options include:
- Pieces of 8 Charters – Tour the islands off Nassau in a sleek 38 ft. Fountain powerboat. These boats are designed for comfort and accommodate up to 10 passengers.
- Hidden Beaches Bahamas – Select from a wide variety of boat types ranging from the 39 ft. Venture powerboat up to the 60 ft. Searay yacht.
- Yachts in Paradise – You’ll find options for sailing catamarans, day yacht charters, and even a swimming pigs excursion aboard a 50 ft. Sunseeker yacht.
- Yachts Bahamas – Choose from an extensive range of boats for a private or corporate charter.
- Boatbookings – Sail your own bareboat or charter a luxury yacht to visit secluded beaches.
If you’re a boat owner, Nassau has several deep-water marinas to accommodate you during your stay. Opening soon, The Pointe deep-water Marina at Margaritaville Beach Resort at The Pointe accommodates boat up to 150 ft. in length and offers state-of-the-art facilities and amenities for both amateur and professional mariners.
Yacht owners should contact the marina of their choice in advance to make sure that accommodations are available for their boat upon their arrival. This can help you to avoid delays and disappointment during your voyage to Nassau in the Bahamas.
Fish the High Seas: Private Fishing Charters
Booking a fishing expedition gives you the opportunity to pull in the trophy you've been dreaming about for years. Nassau fishing gives you the chance to reel in White and Blue Marlin, Tuna, Wahoo, Barracuda, Mahi-Mahi and more.
These sport fishing charters are perfect for those at all levels of experience. In-shore, light-tackle fishing charters around reefs are perfect for kids, novices, or those who want to catch fish at a higher rate. Go farther off shore for your bigger catches.
Experienced boat captains and crews on Bahama fishing charters will get you to the best spots to fish around Nassau and are skilled in helping customers of all fishing levels have a successful day on the water. Be sure to bring your sunscreen and motion sickness preventative, just in case.
Take in the Sunset: The Sunset Dinner Cruise
For a romantic evening perfect for two, the Sunset Dinner Cruise in Nassau can provide the perfect atmosphere for enjoying a Bahamian meal and toasting to a beautiful sunset. This two-hour catamaran cruise leaves from Nassau Harbor and tours Paradise Island Harbor and the Atlantis Marina before returning to home base.
The meal features traditional Bahamian-style buffet fare accompanied by a variety of beverage choices. However, the real attraction is the view of the sunset made possible by the combination of sun, sea, and the idyllic surroundings. This can be the most romantic setting for popping the question, renewing your vows, or simply sharing a memorable moment with that special someone.
See the Sights: Island Hopping Tour
Island-hopping tours from Nassau provide a customized experience for those interested in seeing as much of the Bahamas as possible. The itinerary for your tour will vary depending on your interests and will typically include the opportunity to snorkel, swim, and shop on islands that are off the beaten path. This allows you and your group to enjoy the real Bahamian experience.
Visiting different islands in the Nassau area means you have more places to try out different foods, more places to explore, and more memories to make. You can
even schedule a conch-diving excursion and sample this Bahamian delicacy fresh from the water!
Live It Up: Party Cat Cruises
For a festive experience you and your groups will always remember, book a trip with Party Cat Cruises. Take a four-our trip on a 40-foot catamaran to one of the sunny and scenic island beaches near Nassau, Rose Island. These cruises can be customized to create the perfect experience for every taste and preference:
- Fishing options for guests that include deep-sea fishing, bottom fishing and light-tackle fishing experiences
- Snorkeling to explore the marine life that lives in the gorgeous reefs located throughout the Bahamas
- Celebrations and get-togethers created just for you and your group
Longer cruises are also available if you want more fun in the sun.
For those interested in boating excursions in The Bahamas, charters available in Nassau offer a wide range of choices ideal for most any size group and water activity. Reserve a boat on your trip to get the full experience of this tropical paradise.
You can also own your piece of paradise at One Particular Harbour by Margaritaville at The Pointe. These luxury residences provide the perfect setting for upscale living on the shores of the Caribbean. You’ll even have a spot to moor your own boat!
Get more information about this idyllic Nassau location.